Terms and conditions of sale
Tingley Monuments (hereinafter called the Vendor) and the Purchaser covenants and agrees that the following terms and conditions are terms and conditions of sale as contained in the sales contract noted herein.
- The Vendor hereby covenants and agrees to correct any spelling mistakes, dates, and design errors if these mistakes and errors are the mistakes and errors of the Vendor. at its expense and at its earliest convenience. Incorrect information received by the Vendor from Purchaser which results in a mistake in manufacture of monument will be corrected by the Vendor at the Purchaser’s expense and at the Vendor’s convenience.
- The Purchaser covenants and agrees to mark the location of the monument in the cemetery and to maintain the marker tag or stake until the Vendor is able to deliver the monument in place.
- The Vendor may in its absolute discretion use a longer tablet (monument) of lessor height to provide sufficient space for inscriptions, if the inscriptions are of greater length than the monument ordered. The Vendor undertakes to provide equal area on the surface of the monument. The Vendor undertakes to provide a monument of not more than ¾” less than the size marked on the order.
- The Vendor does not guarantee to match colours and textures of monuments to duplicate previous orders, however, the Vendor does undertake to choose granite from their stocks which will, in its opinion, most closely match colours and textures of monuments when an order is to duplicate a previous order.
- The Vendor accepts no responsibility for damage to a Monument after delivery to the site
Statement of Cancellation Rights
You may cancel this contract from the day you enter into the contract until 10 days after you receive a copy of the contract or statement of cancellation rights. You do not need a reason to cancel.
If you do not receive the goods or services within 30 days of the date stated in the contract, you may cancel this contract within one year of the contract date. You lose that right if you accept delivery after the 30 days. There are other grounds of extended cancellations. For more information you may contact the provincial/territorial consumer affairs office.
If you cancel this contract, the seller has 15 days to refund your money and any trade-in or the cash value of the trade-in. You must then return the goods.
To cancel, you must give notice of cancellation to NELSON MONUMENTS LTD, 752 Bedford Highway, Suite 101,Halifax, NS B3M 2L9. You must give notice of cancellation by a method that will allow you to prove that you gave notice, including fax, mail or personal delivery.
The Purchaser is responsible to ensure the monument is in compliance with cemetery regulations regarding size and placement. Any charges or cost incurred in the replacement of a monument incorrectly ordered by the Purchaser will be the sole responsibility of the Purchaser.